Let us put some light on Application server security and data security cloud!
Application server security and data security cloud are the two most important factors that determine the true potential of the web applications run by a company. A 100 % guaranteed application server security and data security cloud in turn ensures 100 % success of the web applications and data offered.
Why application server security is important?
It is the application server that assists in the creation of various web applications. It offers the proper server environment for running these web applications too. Dynamic pages are constructed with the help of an application server and dynamic pages play a major role in the web applications. Hence the role played by an application server is crucial. Therefore the security options provided for the application server should not be just the normal ones but the best ones!
Not only application server security but also data security cloud has to be given high importance.
Tips for securing application server :
- Maintain separate internal & external application servers – Separate servers for internal users and external users helps in restricting the access of internal application servers via an external application.
- Maintain separate server for testing and debugging – This helps in reducing the security vulnerabilities and limits the malfunctioning of user accessible applications.
- Audit activities and store logs safely – Audit the server activities frequently and store the activity logs safely adapting techniques like digital signature & encryption.
- Motivate developers to adapt secure coding practices – Codes should be developed in such a way that they do not circumvent any security mechanisms. Also train developers for avoiding scenarios like overflow attacks, process isolation etc.
- Patch up web servers - Heavy tasks in hand should not distract administrators from patching up web servers as patch ups helps in ensuring long time security.
- Use application scanners – This prevents exploitable codes from slipping into the production environment.
Why emphasis on data security cloud along with application server security?
Most of the data shared by your client are confidential ones. Leakage of the important data entrusted on you will cause loss of customer trust. Loss of even one customer’s faith will bring your brand name down in the market. Hence data security has to be given utmost priority along with application server security.
Role of cloud in ensuring data security
Cloud offers powerful security options to the data entrusted on you by your customers! Cloud being the up to date technology is fortified with immense security features that seals the confidentiality of the data shared to you by your clients safely - far away from hackers. Cloud provides security via access control and encryption options.
- Encryption : It is a process though which the original data will be transformed into an encrypted data. Only a person having the valid key will be able to decrypt the data and read the message.
- Access control : Access control makes sure that only the right one accesses the data and no others via the utilisation of several state of the art technologies.